If People Operations (human resources) and servant leadership are your passion, here’s your opportunity to become part of, and support Devereux’s outstanding, nationwide team of people operations leadership. If you excel at providing consultative services, have a passion for our mission, and strive to ensure the delivery of high quality, efficient, cost-effective, and responsive services to all internal and external stakeholders, we invite you to consider joining the Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team.
Based at Devereux’s national headquarters in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, the People Operations Director - National will work collaboratively with the Sr. Vice President of People Operations to assess and address current and anticipated organizational needs. This position will also be responsible for;
- Identifying, recommending, guiding and / or implementing organizational efforts to ensure compliance with federal, state and licensing agency regulations.
- Supporting organizational change and People Operations initiatives.
- Ensuring alignment of centers’ People Operations strategies and practices with the mission, objectives and business plan of the operating centers and Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.
- Serving as a consultant to Corporate and Center People Operations personnel, in areas of employee recruitment and retention, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, performance management, employee safety and workers compensation.
- Participating in the Continuous Quality Review process to assess KPIs, and in collaboration with Devereux and Center leadership and People Operations personnel, assisting in the development, monitoring and implementation of applicable corrective action plans.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Keywords: HR leader, leadership, Human Resources, HR Director, HR consultant, HR analyst, people operations, consultation, compliance, strategic planning, policy, data collection and analysis, SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree and HR certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years Human Resources experience gained through positions demonstrating increasing management responsibility. Experience in multi-state, behavioral health or healthcare environment preferred.
- Requires HR Generalist background and experiences with a broad-based knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulatory requirements, in areas including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, ERISA and OSHA.
- Proficiency in the use of a sophisticated HR/Payroll Information System.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, and an ability to function independently. Ability to be flexible and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must demonstrate sound judgement, and be able to make quick and accurate decisions independently.