If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
We are seeking an energetic candidate for a role in our ER Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance information, required signatures, documents, and will be responsible for insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As admitting professionals, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
Obtaining benefits and insurance verification Point of Service cash collections, co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance Obtaining Consent for Medical Treatment and other compliance as necessary Accurate computer data entry Scanning Registering and pre-registering patients for emergency, elective and scheduled cases Working with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 6+ months of patient of Patient Access or registration experience working in a hospital Patient Registration Department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and / or other revenue cycle related roles
- 6+ months of experience solving patient problems and / or issues in a professional medical setting
- 6+ months of experience verifying medical insurance policies and procedures in a professional medical setting
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
Ability to work 4-5 days per week, 1st Shift (Start time 6 AM or 7 AM, 10 hours), 2nd Shift (Start time 10 AM to 5 PM, 10 hours),or 3rd Shift (9 PM - 7:30 AM); a minimum of 64 hours per month.Must be consistently available to work during at least 2 of those 3 shift time frames listed. This is a Per Diem position (as needed), it is not a Full-Time position”
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Insurance Benefits experience and / or knowledge
- Cerner / MS4 experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- 1+ years of experience within admissions and / or registration (hospital setting, medical office or clinic)