Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies. You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader. Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you want to achieve more in your mission of Healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of Healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what Healthcare looks like and doing your life’s best work.
As an Per Diem Admitting Registrar, we are often the first contact for our patients and their families. As such, we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise, and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner. This enables us to provide high quality, compassionate health care services to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Admitting Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
- Obtaining benefits and insurance verification
- Point of service cash collections, co - pays, deductibles and coinsurance
- Obtaining Consent for Medical Treatment and other Compliance as necessary
- Accurate computer data entry
- Registering and pre-registering patients for emergency, elective and scheduled cases
- Working with various systems including the patient registration and electronic medical record
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of Customer Service related experience
- Experience utilizing a computer
- Ability to work 4-5 days per week, 1st Shift (Start time between 6AM or 7AM through 10AM, for 10 hours), 2nd Shift (Start time between 10AM - 5PM, for 10 hours), or 3rd Shift (start time between 5PM - 9PM, for 10 hours); a minimum of 64 hours per month. Must be consistently available to work during at least 2 of those 3 shift time frames listed. This is a Per Diem position (as needed), it is not a Full-Time position
- Insurance Benefits experience and / or knowledge
- Cerner / MS4 experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- 1+ years of experience within admissions and / or registration (hospital setting, medical office or clinic)
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Gilbert, AZ, nursing, clinical, medicine, medical assistant, registration, Optum360, O360AZ