Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work. As Admitting professionals, we are often the first contact for our patients and their families. As such, we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise, and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner. This enables us to provide high quality, compassionate health care services to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay. We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Admitting Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
- Obtaining Benefits and Insurance Verification
- Point of Service Cash Collections, Co-pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Obtaining Consent for Medical Treatment and other Compliance as necessary
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Registering and Pre-Registering Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Working with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Flexibility to work at either location (Phoenix or Glendale location)
These are per diem positions which means 'as needed'. These are not full-time roles.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Customer Service related experience
- 1+ years of experience within Admissions and / or Registration (Hospital setting, Medical Office or Clinic) OR some college experience
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Experience utilizing a computer on a daily basis
- Ability to work day shifts, Monday through Sunday, within the operating hours of the site (7:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Insurance Benefits experience and / or knowledge
- Cerner / MS4 experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Per Diem, AZ, clinical, registration, medicine, healthcare, O360AZ