We’re Monarch HealthCare, Orange County’s largest association of independent physicians, and a part of Optum and the growing family of UnitedHealth Group companies. We are changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. With the talent, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 4 company behind us, there’s no telling how far we can go. Join us in creating a better future and you’ll soon find you’re doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We are searching for a Per Diem - Clinic Admin. to join our team in Irvine, CA
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm / 2 - 5 days per week, with a maximum of 920 hours per year
Assist with authorization entry and processing. Help management phone coverage for customer service to Monarch providers along with requesting clinical notes. Help with processing of denials and correspondence needs in the UM process.
- Assist with authorization entry and processing
- Help manage phone coverage for customer service to Monarch providers along with requesting clinical notes
- Ability to float and work in pre-service and denial queues
- Assist enrollee in meeting preventive care goals
- Will cover unpredictable work flow / authorization receipt and unexpected leaves
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of work experience in a clinical setting with knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications: working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of pre-service authorization and benefit review
- HMO, Medi-Cal, Medicare and / or managed care
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Authorizations, denials, medical terminology, admin coordinator, pre-service, benefits, health plan, managed care, data entry, Irvine, Santa Ana, California