- Flexible work schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Competitive compensation
- Focus on one-on-one patient teaching
- Being able to support our moms at a very difficult time in their lives
We are looking for someone to cover the College Station and Huntsville Texas areas. If you are in this area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide skilled nursing care for expectant mothers in the home care environment
- Travel to provide in - home patient care and continuous education to patients and family members
- Continually assess the mothers’ condition to ensure they are safe in the home environment
- Modify the plan of care, as appropriate, based upon reassessment, change in prescriber orders, the patient’s need for further care or services and the achievement of identified goals
- Establish trust and build long term relationships with expectant mothers
- Provide clinical support to key physicians / hospitals upon request
- RN required in the state that you reside (must be active and unrestricted)
- 1+ years of labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing experience (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- Ability to utilize Windows 7 programs to include Word, Email and Internet
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Home care experience
- 3+ years of experience in labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- IV infusion competency
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, registered nurse, Per Diem, home visit, OB, OB nurse, high risk, expectant mothers, home care, labor and delivery, prenatal, antepartum, College Station, Huntsville, TX, Texas