If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating transport activity within an assigned metro area. This position is also responsible for ensuring high member and clinic satisfaction through efficient coordination of pick - up and return schedules. Position responsibilities include monitoring driver locations, mileage, city conditions, vehicle status, patient locations, clinic locations and time frames. Serves as a back - up to the Customer Service Representatives in coordination with patients.
- Communicates with drivers, inbound teams and co - workers
- Coordinates transport activity of prescriptions and medical equipment
- Maintains knowledge of the status of vehicles and locations
- Works with management team to identify and forward potential Quality of Care complaints
- Maintains member and company confidentiality
- Adjusts the transport schedule as required
- Plans transport routes at least one day in advance
- Provides route sheet for each assigned metro area
- Keeps dispatch data up to date
- Informs management of any complaints / concerns
- Develops transport schedules based on time to distance relationships
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid driver's license in the State of Nevada
- Possess a CDL in the State of Nevada
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Transportation Coordinator, dispatch, driver, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada