Department:OH1NA_60000_000 Mcna - Administration
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
The Performance Excellence Leader will provide strategic guidance and support to clinical leaders within MCHS to advance the integration of comprehensive, coordinated and integrated clinical processes and care delivery models.
Job Description Details:
- Uses process design, process measurement, data analysis and improvement strategies to provide assistance to operations/clinical leaders in implementing clinical effectiveness tactics, goals and strategies.
- Serves as the content expert on improvement methodologies, system design and imparts knowledge of improvement process to team leaders and the team.
- Assists Leaders within MCHS to identify barriers impeding clinical processes and develops improvement plans & strategies to overcome barriers
- Develops the analytic and measurement strategy for all projects undertaken.
- Works with leadership on project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, monitors project progress, and manages multiple projects.
- Communicates regularly with team.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Engineering, System Design, Quality Management or similar focus. Master's degree preferred
- Licensure / Certification: Advanced Certificate in related discipline (Kaizen, Six Sigma Black Belt, LEAN)
- Experience: Preferably 3 - 5 years of experience as a Lean / Process Excellence leader with a proven track record across diverse industries of managing and mentoring organizations towards a continuous improvement culture.
- Experience in a formal lean management systems (similar to Toyota Production System, Honeywell Operating System, Parker Lean System, Danaher Business System) preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.