At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
We provide value when we work together to help meet our customers’ needs by proactively reaching out, building relationships, listening, and learning their financial priorities. As a personal banker, you’ll devote much of your day to building long-term relationships with Wells Fargo's customers in person and by phone. You'll build trust through a detailed customer financial review in order to understand customers' needs so that you can provide them with options that meet their needs and help them succeed financially. While most of the job is performed in the branches, you may also reach out to existing customers, visit businesses, conduct educational seminars, and be active in the community.
We value what’s right for our customers in everything we do. Everything we do, we do to protect the customer and the bank. We want our customers to know about all of our innovative services, financial education information, as well as take advantage of the relationships we provide as Wells Fargo team members. Team members who meet and exceed customer expectations will achieve our standards for performance.
At Wells Fargo we strive to listen to our customers and provide guidance to help them reach their financial goals and dreams. Bankers are our customers’ advocates and there every step of the way to provide solutions that are in our customers’ best interest. We know customers have a variety of financial needs. So we provide our customers a full array of products and services to meet all of their financial needs. Personal bankers show they care by focusing on what is most important to our customers both now and in the future. Our best bankers constantly go the extra mile, finding ways to be helpful while still working quickly and efficiently.
As a banker, you will manage customer portfolios, service customer relationships, and offer products and services based on your customers’ needs. Bankers also help meet customer needs with a wide variety of financial and credit services with an objective of delivering friendly customer service and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. Reliable attendance is essential for success in this role.
Sometimes the customers’ needs go beyond what a personal banker may provide. In order to provide outstanding service, bankers may need to develop and maintain relationships with Wells Fargo partners to help customers achieve their financial goals.
This exciting role includes:
ˆ Having conversations with customers and conducting detailed financial reviews, offering products and services that meet their needs and help them succeed financially
ˆ Contacting customers by phone to follow up to ensure customer satisfaction, build relationships and address any additional financial needs based on the customers’ financial priorities
ˆ Working with your manager to increase your effectiveness in serving customers and meeting their financial needs through feedback and coaching
ˆ Building loyalty while helping customers with service requests
ˆ May handle cash transactions
Qualifications can be demonstrated through relevant military experience or demonstrated leadership or goal achievement in related academic activities or internships.
Every banker is part of a team that is rated first, and most importantly, on the customers’ experience with the teams’ service. Each banker has his/her own performance objectives based on meeting the needs of our customers. Bankers have the ability to resolve difficult customer situations effectively while delivering friendly customer service and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
At Wells Fargo, we have an outstanding diverse team. We want people who show they care by pitching in and helping others enhance their ability to serve our customers. Personal bankers will develop and improve their skills through regular feedback discussions with leaders and learn skills that will help further their professional experience and improve their career options for other roles in the future.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined WF. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
Provides coverage to remote locations throughout the Western District of Alaska and is based in Anchorage. Travel is required 50% or more of the time spent in the job. Duration and location of assignments vary depending on business need.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or helping with issue resolution
- 1+ year of experience offering products and services to customers based on their needs
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience addressing and resolving complex customer issues
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives
- Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
- Experience fostering and developing strong customer relationships
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.