- Accountable for driving the branch to achieve and surpass productivity, profitability, cash flow and business goals & objectives. Understands and assumes ownership of the P & L for branch location(s)
- Thru partnership with DON & DOP in the branch location(s), analyzes and organizes clinical operations to meet or exceed the needs of the patients & providers we serve thru best practice deployment of clinical resources
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine branch progress toward stated goals and objectives. Confers with the branch leadership team and staff to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Oversees delivery of care to all patients served by branch to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, clinical and Sales issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth
- Actively partners with Sales and other internal clinical resources in business development activities, as well as representing the organization with all referral sources, physicians, and the community on an as-needed basis
- Identifies and assesses potential new business opportunities in conjunction with Sales team. Participates in business development activities to support development of functional, efficient, and patient-oriented programs for the branch. Reviews and supports Sales to oversee processes used for new or existing services marketed to provide cost reduction, safety, patient requirements and market growth
- Communicates as needed with appropriate Corporate leadership concerning new developments and/or problems within the local branch and/or market
- Provides guidance and leadership through direct and indirect management of Intake, Nursing, and Pharmacy as a cohesive process of patient care
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships, when needed, within branch location(s)
- Oversees operational functions to ensure smooth daily operations and continuous improvement in patient care
- Accountable for developing, managing, and executing all business development and operational strategies while leading the implementation of tactical plans for the branch that meet and exceed company expectations
- Leads short-term and long-range planning and budget development for the branch to support strategic business goals
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of branch performance metrics, leveraging data to understand and take actions needed to maintain or improve patient experience & outcomes
- Accountable for compliance with state and federal Pharmacy & Nursing regulations for branch location(s)
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, and firing of employees
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on-call, and other reliability requirements of the job
- At least 7+ years of pharmacy operations experience
- 5 years in an senior leadership position in Home Infusion
- University degree or college diploma in business or healthcare
- Proven track record in previous role(s) demonstrating strategic thinking, business acumen, and financial management
- 5 years successful experience managing budgets
- Solid working knowledge of pharmacy, nursing, budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning in healthcare
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Possess a strong patient service orientation
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Proven ability to lead a proactive clinical & sales organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
- Advanced degree in management, such as M.B.A., M.P.H. or M.H.A.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: PIC, Pharmacist in Charge, Pharmacy Operations Manager, Director of Pharmacy, RPh, Pharm D, Home Infusion, Infusion Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Homecare, Home Health, BriovaRx, AxelaCare, OptumRx, NY, NJ, PA,RI, VT, DE, ME, MA, MI, OH, IA, MO, GA, FL, CA, NC, SC, NH, CA, NE, NV, MI, MN,