You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Specialty Home Infusion. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. As a pharmacist on the Clinical and Pharmacy Operations team, you will perform various duties as it relates to therapy assessment, care planning and departmental communications to streamline efficiencies across the department.
To succeed in this position, a baseline understanding of various infusion related therapies is needed. These functions include interpreting, formulating, and dispensing of infusion and / or specialty drugs for sterile compounding and / or distribution. Pharmacist clinical activities include therapy assessment, care planning and medication reconciliation as they pertain to individual patients and the appropriate monitoring for effective care and positive patient outcome. This is a dynamic work environment and requires flexibility to meet business needs and adaptability to frequent changes. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members.
- Reviews medication orders and evaluates appropriateness and completeness of orders with consideration given to the special needs and behaviors of the specific age group served. Verifies all prescriptions not directly received from the prescriber or physician’s agent
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- Assesses the patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develops a patient care plan and drug monitoring regimen and monitors the patient according to the care plan throughout the course of therapy
- Communicates with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other pharmacists and other members of the health care team regarding patient status, response to therapy and clinical objectives to ensure clinical outcomes are met
- When required, compounds intravenous and specialty pharmaceuticals in an aseptic fashion according to established State Board of Pharmacy, Federal, USP<797> sterile guidelines and company policy. Knowledgeable of the proper use and handling of both sterile and hazardous medications. Compounds and handles sterile and hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations
- Ensures compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, OSHA and other regulatory standards. Follows all department policies and procedures
- Provides indirect oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support staff
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD degree
- Pharmacist license in good standing in the current state of residence
- At least one year experience in various infusion related therapies: home infusion, hospital, or a related healthcare environment
- Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Knowledgeable in various infusion related therapies and ability to work through the complexity of therapy related orders
- Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Participate in the on call rotation and, when applicable, after - hours prescription dispensing
- Computer and typing proficiency is required, including MS Word
Careers with BriovaRx Infusion Services. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. We were founded as AxelaCare by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and intravenous immune globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to provide a wide range of therapies in the convenience and safety of the patient’s home; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Per Diem Staff Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Infusion Pharmacist, Home Infusion, IV, IV Therapy, IVIg, Specialty Pharmacy, Pharm D, RPh, Compounding Pharmacist, Axelacare, Advanced Care