Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
The pharmacist will provide medication therapy management services primarily to patients with mental illness. The goal of this program is to optimize medication use and improve care coordination of patients with behavioral health concerns. This service will be delivered primarily via telephonic visits for Genoa Healthcare. The pharmacist will be expected to provide care to patients and communicate with health care providers using the standards of pharmaceutical care practice. Documentation of patient care is expected in the Nexus software system. The pharmacist will work closely with the patient to create an updated medication list, provide education, answer questions, identify and resolve drug therapy problems and improve clinical and economic outcomes for the patient. In addition, the pharmacist will communicate with prescribers and other health care professionals, when needed, to deliver optimal drug therapy to patients.
Schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, with start and end times varying based on business needs.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicate well face-to-face and via the telephone
- Provide quality patient-centered care that will meet all of a patient’s drug related needs
- Document the care that is provided, in a comprehensive manner
- Build and maintain relationships with patients, prescribers and clients
- Communicate care plans formally and informally with patients and prescribers
- Maintain department productivity levels for customer satisfaction and performance goals
- Attend designated Care Center, staff meetings, and other events, as required
- Performs other projects, work, and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our patients and clients
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Pharm D. degree
- Registered pharmacist with active licensure in the state of Minnesota (in good standing)
- Board Certification in Psychiatric Pharmacy (BCPP) preferred
- PGY-1 and/or PGY-2 residency in psychiatry preferred
- Experience providing medication management services preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers
- Understanding of the Pharmaceutical Care philosophy of practice
- Completion of a comprehensive medication review and patient assessment
- Identification of drug therapy problems, proposing clinically sound resolutions
- Completion of a follow up assessment
- Reflection upon individual professional abilities and personal strengths and weaknesses in providing patient care with an emphasis on continued professional and clinical growth
- Technical capacity (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Nexus System proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Ability to work individually, as well as on a team
- Must be punctual
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.