External Job PostingPosition Summary:
The Assistant Pharmacy Manager leads a team in the center to ensure there is an efficient workflow and understanding of policies and procedures to include pharmacy inventory management, returns, and proper filing of all paperwork. Be responsible for the hiring, training, and scheduling of the Pharmacy technician teammates. Lead a team that is focused on providing excellent customer service. Partner with the Pharmacist in developing ideas to grow prescription count, building our center into a destination for care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements efficient workflows in collaboration with pharmacists and teammates
- Works with teammates to ensure a clean, organized pharmacy
- Assures that proper paperwork has been completed and filed according to policies and procedures
- Responsible for 1st party Charges and assures that policies and procedures are followed (if applicable)
- Assures that all pharmacy teammates have completed all required training courses
- Interviews and partners with pharmacists to hire pharmacy teammates
- Identifies gaps in training and assists the teammates to fulfill the necessary gaps
- Manages the coverage for pharmacy and schedules teammates to assure excellent customer service
- Implements proper inventory management procedures
- Teaches pharmacy teammates proper procedures for pharmacy inventory management
- Assures accurate on-hand quantities in the system
- Assures timely returns for pharmaceuticals and recalls
- Assists in the pharmacy as necessary to provide excellent customer service
- Provides oversight of cash register operations and assists in checking out patient’s prescriptions; is responsible for cash handling operations
- Maintains awareness of internal and external Loss Prevention goals and procedures
- Works with other Health Care Professionals in a professional manner
- Assists pharmacists with communications to the pharmacy teammates regarding policies and procedures
- Helps pharmacists resolve identified problems and issues
- Minimum one year of management experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Pharmacy Technician experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt in a quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to operate cash register and handle all check-out options
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.