$1000 Sign - on Bonus For External Candidates
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Work with pharmacist to provide efficiencies by interacting with physician, nursing, patient, out side agencies . Assist the pharmacist in other activities such as entering prescriptions
Positions in this function consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and / or external third parties on any or all of the following:- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on - going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co - pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and / or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations.
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions.
- Discuss with patients life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance.
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance.
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations.
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/ hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative.
- Review medical case notes to determine on - going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs.
- Extensive work experience within own function.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- May act as a resource for others.
- May coordinate others' activities.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Licensed Pharmacy Tech in FL
- Monday - Friday 8:30a- 5.30p. Occasions where they may have to work later depending on workflow and on call 1 weekend a month
- 1+ year Pharmacy Tech Experience
- Registered Pharmacy Technician experience in a setting that require over the phone or face to face customer service
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy, Technician, Home Infusion