Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, every day. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in. As a Pharmacy Care Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader. The Pharmacy Care Technician will report into the Operations Team Manager. This role involves working heavily in a matrix team environment to complete daily operational tasks that provide support for the overall maintenance of the Clinical Engagement Services Center Primary Responsibilities:
- Schedule pharmacist consultation appointments with members that participate in any of the clinical programs operationally supported by the Clinical Engagement Services Center
- Document provider feedback in clinical database
- Manage various incoming fax queues to ensure all provider feedback is appropriately captured
- Report PHI related incidents in a timely manner and in accordance with HIPAA requirements
- Document and store all returned mail based on standard operating procedures
- Provide outstanding customer service to all inbound / outbound calls
- Perform miscellaneous auxiliary functions essential to the efficient operation of the department
- Collaborate in various department meetings and forums to enhance processes and share tips to increase workflow efficiency
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing for projects that impact the Clinical Engagement Services Center
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Team Manager
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of IV compounding experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- State of Florida Pharmacy Technician License
- Ability to work regularly scheduled
shifts within our hours of operation Monday-Friday (8:30 AM - 7 PM), as well as being on call one weekend per month
- PTCB Certification
- Previous Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license