Challenge can often be it’s own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here’s where you come in. As a Pharmacy Care Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Process member prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow - up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Educate members / guardians, providers, pharmacies) staff on procedures to avoid compliance risk
- Partner with others to gather additional information and / or to interpret clinical guidelines; act as a resource for others
- Monitoring of compliance for Prior Authorization and Appeals cases
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 6+ months of healthcare industry experience (examples: pharmacy, health insurance, medical office, etc)
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration in Arizona
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Availability to work Monday - Friday for an 8 hour shift between 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Ability to travel between 10 - 25% of the time to visit client sites
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy
Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy,
retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license