Department:OH1MH_10000_001 Pharmacy MCE
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our Pharmacy Intern colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Pharmacy Intern assists the pharmacist in assuring timely and accurate provision of medications to patients. Routine intern functions are performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. These functions may include unit dose dispensing, intravenous admixing, inventory control, record keeping and billing, and the extensive use of equipment and automated technology. Based on ability, experience, and performance, the Pharmacy Intern may perform increasingly clinical activities of the pharmacy, under direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Assists the pharmacist in the technical and professional functions required in the preparation, dispensing, record keeping, counseling, and delivery of medications using proper aseptic technique, correct calculations, proper documentation, and appropriate use of clinical resources.
- Compounds medications by using proper technique and calculations (ie.ointments, creams, oral liquids, enteral tube feeding preparations).
- Performs clinical duties under direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, including medication reconciliation, adverse drug event reviews, renal dosing, medication utilization reviews, patient rounds with physicians, presentations for education purposes, and other clinical duties as directed by preceptor.
- Enrolled and in good standing at an accredited College of Pharmacy program
- Licensure / Certification: Current licensure as a Pharmacy Intern with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.