Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Pharmacy Network Pricing Consultant, Industry Relations work closely with various areas within the organization to support internal and external clients in facilitating network margin and client pricing analyses. The Pharmacy Network Pricing Consultant will be responsible for the facilitation and development of complex data analysis and forecasting of client financial performance. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Provide detailed analyses at both the client and book of business levels identifying risk and opportunity to Industry Relations Management
- Analyze cost trend driven by client utilization patterns and industry dynamics
- Forecasting client financial performance for budgetary needs
- Provide ad hoc consultative analyses to internal and external clients
- Works closely with Industry Relations management to prioritize internal and external analyses
- Support and validate network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You’ll be expected to help accurately and effectively provide client side pricing. It’s challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price accurately.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Proven experience with data mining and analysis
- Database experience (SQL, SAS, Access or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PBM or healthcare experience
- Experience using Alteryx and/or Tableau
- Excellent ability to communicate and present information to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and proactively in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Be a team player and strong ability to work with other disciplines across companies
- Able to work independently to achieve overall departmental goals
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to structure own work, design and drive projects from their inception through to completion
- Strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp complex issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That’s the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial modeling, Reporting, Financial analysis, Pricing, Network management, Health care economics, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota