External Job Posting
Reviews, researches prescriptions, stores that show prescriptions that have been sold below cost and reviews opportunities for SKU rationalization (same product and strength) sourced from numerous suppliers and reasons why preferred product is not sourced. Develops plans, in collaboration with Pharmacy Supply Manager as well as Pharmacy Operations to improve performance. Provides feedback and reports to Pharmacy Supply Chain Manager. Completes necessary files and provides them to Pharmacy Supply Chain Data Analyst for tracking and monitoring.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pharmacy Costing Support
• Reviews the data and sorts the files to identify top 80% of stores where prescriptions have been sold below cost
• Develops a plan for researching the common causes for the pharmacies to sell prescriptions below cost
• Reviews data and assures data accuracy regarding the cost files used.
• Works with appropriate people to fix and identified cost issues.
Pharmacy SKU Rationalization Support
• Researches the common causes for the pharmacies to have used “non-preferred drugs” by calling the pharmacies, working with Regional Pharmacy Supervisor and Retail Health Team.
• Reviews all prescriptions claims submitted by pharmacies and finance, using established low pay process.
• Research claims in PDX to determine reason for low reimbursement.
• Partners with Pharmacy IT in order to understand how cost files are populated in the systems
• Partners with pharmaceutical vendors in order to understand the cost files
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma
• Health Services Business Experience
• Experience working with PDX preferred
• Experience working with third party claims adjudication
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to work cross functionally
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.