Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters
We are looking for an outgoing and friendly AZ Licensed Pharmacy Technician for our Float Pharmacy Tech Medication Coordinator who will work at various Genoa Healthcare locations in the East and West Phoenix, AZ areas as needed. This person will engage with mental health patients and enroll those consumers in our Rx program as well as educate them on the Genoa Healthcare services that we provide.
GREAT foot in the door opportunity for new Pharmacy Technicians!!
MUST have a AZ State Pharmacy Technician License to be considered. PTCB certification preferred along with bilingual in Spanish & English.
Position fills in for Pharmacy Technicians and Consumer Medication Coordinators in our various sites in Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe, Avondale and Phoenix, AZ.
MUST be able to travel daily to the sites listed above with mileage reimbursed to you.
Daily communication with mentally ill patients, building relationships with clinic staff and consumers with an eagerness to problem solve any issues that arise.
Outgoing and friendly personality is required to provide special care to our consumers. Marketing pharmacy Rx services is a daily task.
Hours are M-F / 8-5 and includes benefits ! No evening or weekend work. 7 Paid holidays and 12 PTO days first year of employment.
Background check and drug test required prior to employment.
When you apply, please make sure that your resume is updated with your current job and also has your correct email and cell phone # so I can reach out to you.Responsibilities
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa Healthcare schedule blood draws and sends samples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate and where applicable and allowed by law.
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds) where applicable and allowed by law
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc) in clinics EMHR vs Pharmacy System where applicable and allowed by law.
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy) where applicable and allowed by law
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license is required
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Must be licensed Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant
- PTCB Certification preferred but not required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference and background check.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizations skills