You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Want to be part of something special? Come and help us make history. UnitedHealth Group and our OptumRx pharmacy benefits are helping to shape the change that is sweeping through health care today. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the proper packing and shipping of home delivery prescriptions for our members to ensure contents arrive safely and on - time. In addition to having impact on a great team, you’ll also discover the career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. You’ll need to have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. Ability to work in a fast - paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our members’ health and well - being.
- Use multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce mailing labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Pharmacy Technician License in the State of Indiana
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work Sunday (5:00 am to usually around noon, depends on volume), Monday - Thursday (5:00 am - 2:00 pm)
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.