DescriptionThe Pharmacy Technician 2 obtains new prescriptions and prescription refill information. The Pharmacy Technician 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Pharmacy Technician 2 retrieves, counts, and measures drugs. Assists Pharmacist in price-checking and restocking of drugs. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer. Refers physicians' calls and any medical questions to pharmacist. May operate a cash register. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified and Registered Pharmacy Technician in the state of Florida
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience
- Must have an active license with the Board of Pharmacy in the appropriate state
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Retail Pharmacy experience preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours40