Monday, October 29, 2018 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:00pm to 6:00pmOptumRx Building
6860 W 115th Street
Overland Park, KS 66211
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Lifting boxes of medication throughout the day that could weigh up to 20 lbs
- Will be standing and moving around for an 8 hour shift
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Proficiency with a computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful State Pharmacy Technician Licensing and Registration within 30 days of hire
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation 3:00pm - 1:30am Sunday-Thursday including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- 1+ years of Pharmacy Tech experience
- Basic ability to navigate through and complete data entry in Microsoft Excel
- National Pharm Tech Certification
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, IRIS, warehouse, Home Health, Shipping, health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy