more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening
that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we’ve
earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the
prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us,
you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies
where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Pharmacy
Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and
completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while
ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the
way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d
expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Fulfill prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement
- Maintain proper inventory and storage of prescription drugs by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment
- Perform cycle counting activities and complete order processing
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful State or National Pharmacy Technician Licensing and Registration within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (3:00pm to 1:30am, CST) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription experience
- National Pharm Tech Certification or Kansas State Pharmacy Technician License
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk