You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. OptumRX, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you’ll ensure the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and help us maintain proper inventory and storage of drugs. In addition to having impact on a great team, you’ll also discover the career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. In our fast-paced environment, your attention to detail and accuracy matter as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful State Pharmacy Technician Licensing and Registration within 30 days of hire
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation 3:00 pm - 1:30 am Monday-Friday including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- 1+ years of pharmacy technician experience
- National Pharm Tech Certification
- Basic ability to navigate through and complete data entry in Microsoft Excel
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician License, UnitedHealth Group, Retail Pharmacy