You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
You've heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. OptumRX, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you'll ensure the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and help us maintain proper inventory and storage of drugs. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. In our fast-paced environment, your attention to detail and accuracy matter as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
- Fulfill prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement
- Maintain proper inventory and storage of prescription drugs by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment
- Perform cycle counting activities and complete order processing
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- State of California Pharmacy Technician License (PhT)
- Proficiency a with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work 1st shift (8 - hour shift) Monday through Friday, 4:30 am - 2:00 pm (overtime on weekends may be required per business needs)
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription experience
- National Pharmacy Tech Certification (CPhT)
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.