Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life - saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner
- Staging medications for the compounding tech in the cleanroom
- Managing inventory
- Preparing medications for shipment/delivery
- Packing medications, shipping, and receiving medications
- Resolving customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Constantly meeting established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Calling patients regarding their refills
- Moderating work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Arizona
- National Certification (PTCB)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Available to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required according to the needs of the business (8 - hour shift between the hours of 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday)
- Home infusion experience
- Frequent standing, lifting, sorting of paperwork, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, requires attention to detail
- Position requires long periods of standing and lifting up to 15 pounds
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or _expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk