Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The HouseCalls Pharmacy Services (HCPS) Pharmacy Technician (Rx Tech) provides a variety of member engagement services, from data entry to coordinating a member’s care of services throughout UnitedHealthcare and Optum. The primary service involves telephonic outreach. All services are in support of a team of clinical pharmacists and / or HouseCalls practitioners in relation to their engagement with plan members and their healthcare providers. HCPS pharmacists are highly trained in providing excellent patient-care via use of health literate and telephonic best practices. The Rx Tech is considered an integral team member in provision of all HCPS telephonic member engagement including but not limited to, medication therapy management services.
- Primary function includes speaking with eligible members over the phone, primarily via cold calling or answering an inbound AutoDialer, to offer telephonic services and schedule appointments for all pharmacy programs, for example medication therapy management services
- Place reminder calls to members & explain what the member can expect during their phone call with the pharmacist
- Provide information to qualified members about plan services and potential benefit and direct them via warm transfer to appropriate resources
- Obtaining information and performing data entry of reconciled medication lists, allergy history , vaccine history, medical conditions and other pertinent member-related information
- Contact healthcare providers to reconcile members’ medication profiles
- Engage with internal and external business entities as the point of contact to coordinate all member-related needs
- Randomly select and pull recorded calls for Quality Assurance, Training, and other pertinent business purposes
- Team with the Clinical Pharmacist Quality Assurance and Training team to conduct the technical QA portion of pharmacist calls.
- Maintain performance standards including weekly/monthly call goals
- Assist with fulfillment of member letter communications
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for pharmacy applications, including the XLCare platform.
- Assist with the technical/systems training of pharmacists.
- Create & Maintain Pharmacists Schedules
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Maryland Pharmacy Technician license in good standing
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday - Friday. This shift is subject to change and can include weekends should business needs arise.
- Bilingual in English and any of the following: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, and/or Vietnamese
- 3+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- National Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB)
- MTM (Medication Therapy Management), CMS, and/or HEDIS experience
- Associate degree or higher
- Call center experience
- Ability to work in collaborative and autonomous settings
- Demonstrate exceptional professionalism, enthusiasm, sense of humor, team spirit and commitment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth Care, UnitedHealth Group, Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician License