Join us today and be a part of the groundbreaking conversation taking place here at OptumRx. Training classes starting soon.
If you are looking to be empowered with the flexibility and opportunity to create change, OptumRx is the place for you. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Let's talk about what happens when a company that touches millions of lives gathers the results from millions of prescriptions filled every month and analyzes their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all of this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (SM)
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Sunday- Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 7:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 10801 Walker Street, Cypress, CA.
The Senior Prior Authorization Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Technician license required) is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details/clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers and conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria when making decisions (approvals/denials) or recommendations
- Educate members and providers on pharmaceutical benefits and
- Partner with others to gather additional information and/or to interpret clinical guidelines
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Current California Pharmacy Technician license
- 1+ year experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team/group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult/advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
Getting it right in the OptumRx pharmacy is just the starting point for excellence, impact and purpose in your career. Join us and take everything to another level. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech