External Job PostingShopko Overview:
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we have over 300 stores in 21 states. Shopko continues to grow, while maintaining our hometown feel.
We serve our communities by providing distinctive name-brand & value apparel, home decor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise and top-quality pharmacy and optometric services.
Assist Pharmacists in filling prescriptions with complete understanding of policy. Maintain proper filing procedures for prescriptions, third party imprints and pharmacy forms.
Communicate effectively with customers regarding special orders, out of stock items, pending refill authorizations and return to stock items. Ability to properly order, receive and stock merchandise.
- Assist Pharmacists in filling patient prescriptions according to knowledge of pharmacy rules and regulations. This includes but is not limited to monitoring compliance in billing, dispensing, and counseling for DME Medicare Rx Process as detailed in the Pharmacy Operations Manual
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience when handling prescriptions.
- Always calls in Pharmacist for patient contact.
- Cash register operations to assist in checking out patient’s prescriptions; is responsible for cash handling operations.
- Maintain awareness of internal and external Loss Prevention goals and procedures.
- Work with other Health Care Professionals in a professional manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of all store merchandise to assist customers with questions.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification in states where required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to adapt in a quickly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to operate cash register and handle all check-out options
- Valid Certification per State requirements in which they practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move around the Pharmacy sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate various office equipment
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Must demonstrate physical agility (bending, twisting, reaching and pulling) for handling merchandise.
- Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the pharmacy.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Shopko is firmly committed to the development and promotion of internal teammates. The purpose of job postings is to inform teammates about available positions and allow the opportunity to apply for them. As with any position at Shopko, selection is based on the teammate’s ability to perform the primary responsibilities and requirements listed above, as well as their work performance in their present position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete an online profile which can be accessed through the “ Internal Career Center ” Link in Employee Self Service or through the “my Career” link on the Shopko Intranet.
To be eligible to apply for this position, teammate must be in their current position at least 1 year.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.