This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
- Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system
- Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable/covered
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
- Calibrate dosing pumps
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent work experience (or higher)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required (or ability to obtain licensure within 30 days of employment)
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
Getting it right here with our pharmacy team is just the starting point for excellence, impact and purpose in your career. Join us and take everything to another level. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Pharm Tech, Technician, Tech, CPhT