Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Health and Wellness Clinical Support Team (HAWCST) supports Advanced Practice Clinicians in the HouseCalls and Complex Care Management businesses by providing telephonic and administrative support to plan members and their Advanced Practice Clinicians. This team is comprised of Dietitians, Social Workers, Registered Dietitians, Registered Nurse Care Managers, Licensed Practical Nurses, Care Manager Assistants, Pharmacists, and Pharmacy Technicians.
The Pharmacy Technician of the Health and Wellness Clinical Support Team will report directly to the Manager of Clinical Operations. The Pharmacy Technician provides a variety of member engagement services from data entry to coordinating a member’s care of services throughout all of UnitedHealthCare and Optum. The primary service involves telephonic outreach. All services are in support of a team of Clinical Pharmacists and / or Advanced Practice Clinicians in relations to their engagement of plan members and their healthcare providers. The Pharmacy Technician is considered an integral team member in the provision of all HAWCST telephonic member engagement types including, but not limited to, medication therapy management services.
- Speak with eligible members over the phone, primarily via cold calling or answering an inbound AutoDialer, to offer telephonic services and schedule appointments for all pharmacy programs, i.e. medication therapy management services
- Place reminder calls to members & explain what the member can expect during their phone call with the pharmacist
- Provide information to qualified members about plan services and potential benefits and direct them via warm transfer to appropriate resources
- Obtain information and perform data entry of reconciled medication lists, allergy history , vaccine history, medical conditions and other pertinent member-related information
- Maintain performance standards including weekly /monthly call goals
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for pharmacy applications, including the XLCare platform.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with Tennessee Board of Pharmacy
- 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift between 9:00 am - 8:00 pm CST Monday through Friday
- Associate degree (or higher)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician License (CphT)
- Multi - lingual (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, Vietnamese preferred)
- MTM experience
- Call Center experience
- Advanced Certification(s)
- Experience delivering on business goals with focus on CMS STARs, HEDIS
- Working knowledge Microsoft Publisher (create, personalize and share publications and marketing material), Microsoft Visio (create plans, drawings and diagrams and general design layout), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, and sort data in spreadsheets)
- Trained in health literacy
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy technician, franklin, TN, patient care coordinator, call center, Certified Pharmacy Technician License (CphT)