The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
The Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for the following:
Enter prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
Contacting patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve issues
Process refills for patients weekly
Assess patients weekly regarding medication and any affects it may have on them
Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
Prefer certified pharmacy technician
Opportunity to cross-train as a compounding tech
Dealing with patients that are in need of specialty IV medications
Working with a team of people
Must be willing to assist in other areas of the pharmacy
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook (send emails), Microsoft Word (create basic documents), and Microsoft Excel (create and data entry for basic spreadsheets) to complete work assignments
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- CPR + Software Experience
- 1+ years of Home Infusion Experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team / group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult / advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
Careers with BriovaRx Infusion Services. If you choose a career with BriovaRx Infusion Services, you’ll join a team that is dedicated not only to delivering the latest in home infusion therapy, but also providing that care in a patient-first approach that offers better outcomes. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we strive to help our patients feel comfortable in their regimen so they can receive the treatment they need while maintaining the lifestyle they prefer. At BriovaRx Infusion Services, you’ll join a team that inspires you to do better every day, resulting in your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.