Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Under supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician and / or Pharmacy Director, performs designated technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of medications, including sterile admixtures and prepackaged or unit dose drugs. In addition, performs designated tasks regarding pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation of orders for drugs.
- Completes patient orders by selecting medications as indicated on the patient medication profile; assists in preparing and labeling of intravenous medication orders including total parenteral nutrition products using proper sterile and aseptic technique. Places medications in designated are for pharmacist to check, sends / delivers medications as required.
- Is knowledgeable with regard to the proper use and handling of hazardous medications. Compounds and handles hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations.
- Answers phones in a courteous and timely manner. Attends to customers in a timely manner. Assists in preparation of stat items investigating and preparing missing medications and services as a bridge between the customer and the pharmacist.
- Reorders as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks in and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors.
- Compounds specialty drug products. Uses aseptic technique when compounding sterile drug products. Completes accurate documentation of items compounded and repackaged.
- Performs quality control activities related to sterile compounding and the clean room per company policies.
- Works to ensure compliance with accreditation standards, State, Federal, OSHA and other regulatory standards. Follows all agency department policy and procedures. Ensures each admission meets admission criteria.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPH - T) - Licensure by the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy in good standing
- Proficient in aseptic technique and intravenous solution compounding
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic technique.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board in good standing
- 1+ years of pharmacy technician experience with home infusion or specialty pharmacy experience
- Must be able to communicate and problem solve effectively with all educational levels and with a variety of professional disciplines as well as with patients, families, staff and Physicians.
- Must possess both verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving skills.
- Requires strong organizational, operational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to solve mathematical problems.
- Be able to meet the attendance, overtime and on - call and other reliability requirements of the job.
- Have the manual dexterity, eye hand coordination, fine and gross motor skills and tactile abilities to perform such functions as necessary to scope of practice.
- Be capable of working with highly technical equipment.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Pharmacy, Technician, CPH - T