Department:OH1MH_10000_001 Pharmacy MCE
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our Pharmacy Technician III colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Pharmacy Technician III will assist the pharmacist in assuring timely and accurate provision of medications to patients. Routine technician functions are performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. These functions may include unit dose dispensing, intravenous admixing, inventory control, record keeping and billing, and use of equipment and automated technology.
- Responsibilities include special projects as assigned by managers, assisting with purchasing, developing staffing patterns and assignments for other technicians, prioritizing work responsibilities, and precepting/training newly hired technicians.
- Ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Approved Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Training Program or previous relevant pharmacy technician experience is required with expertise in a particular area of pharmacy service.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.