The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you
find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX,
we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the
prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us,
you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies
where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for retrieving medication from stock, counting and packaging orders for pharmacist review, maintaining work stations with adequate supplies, removing outdated products from shelves, assisting with inventory replenishment, and maintaining par levels of pre-packaged auxiliary items.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our 8 hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 4:30pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 19 Chapin Rd, Building D, Pine Brook, NJ 07058.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Picks drugs manually as orders arrive electronically.
- Removes outdated medications from shelves.
- Maintains clean work area with adequate supplies.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to work in other back end pharmacy related functions i.e., bulk, packing, and shipping.
- Performs other pharmacy duties as assigned and designated within scope of practice.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- State of New Jersey Pharmacy Technician License (PhT)
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- Call center experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills
- Competent in basic mathematical equations with different forms of measurements, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient computer and organizational skills with the ability to focus on workload and achievement of both production and quality objectives
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk