As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) The Supervisor, Prior Authorization coordinates, collects information to support or make clinical or member benefit decisions, supervises, provides support, and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical, and production teams for the PA Technicians. Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- Direct, coach and develop a team of up to 20+ Prior Authorization team members
- Manage attendance, schedule adherence, off - phone activities, quality and other dimensions of a team member's performance to identify and coach areas of opportunity
- Work collaboratively with the Prior Authorization Manager(s), business segments, Work Force Management (WFM), and other PA Supervisors in all aspects of clinical operations including performance management, process improvement, disciplinary actions, hiring decisions and budgetary consultation and workflow management
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; and other associate issues as they arise
- Conduct phone monitoring and provide constructive feedback based on observations
- Handle escalated calls as needed and follow - up on issues escalated to the Supervisor
- Assist in the hiring people with the skills, drive, and experience necessary to succeed
- Identifies employee development needs, and provides opportunities for staff development to meet the needs of the employee and business.
- Assist in the preparation and deliver performance reviews in conjunction with the Prior Authorization Manager
- Engage, motivate and meet monthly with each staff member to go over performance status
- Assist with training as needed
- Leads and manages change with clear communication, supporting the need for change, setting expectations for the organization's vision and strategy, and relating a culture that reduces obstacles and setbacks
- Meet with the Prior Authorization Management team weekly to report on clinical call center performance and personnel issues
- Responsible for supervising daily PA activities to ensure all client specific SLA's are met
- Distribute information about company policies and procedures
- Represent management, in the absence of the Manager, at meetings regarding client issues and on issues dealing with enforcement of company policies and procedures, and the security and protection of company assets
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License in the state of Arizona
- 2+ years of Pharmacy experience
- Supervisor or Team Lead experience
- Must have strong communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Must have basic analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (creating reports / spreadsheets)
- National Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Pharmacy Benefit Management and / or Managed Care experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.