Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
We seek a Part Time Phlebotomist who, under general supervision from the Site Manager, travels to clinics within specified local territory to perform appropriate specimen collections, screening, laboratory testing, and reporting procedures for all patient age groups as well as providing basic clinic support services.
The hours and schedule for this job is:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00-5:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday 8:30-12:30 pm. No nights, weekends or major holidays.Responsibilities
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draw blood specimens from the patients of the clinic for laboratory analysis.
- Insure sample is drawn from the proper tube, labeled correctly, and patient is appropriately identified.
- Verifies patient information and laboratory orders and ensures patient signs appropriate contracts for Clozapine Monitoring Program.
- Enters lab data of WBC count for Clozapine patients into the web registry using personal computers and related software.
- Files lab results and other medical information into medical charts and sends copies of lab results to prescribing practitioner and/or facilities (mental health facility, group home, nursing home, etc.)
- Uses patient condition forms when out in field to document any patient changes in behavior and reports these observations to the pharmacist, case managers, nurses, and doctors.
- Assists patients with applications to appropriate manufacturers for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs).
- Labels and manages PAP medications ensuring medications are delivered to appropriate clients.
- Transports medications and specimens using personal vehicle.
- Cross-trains in compliance with state board of pharmacy as a pharmacy technician.
- Demonstrates timeliness in completing scheduled blood draws at clinics and remains available for courtesy blood draws at designated clinics.
- Adheres to blood borne pathogen standards and bio-medical risk standards as outlined in guide on Phlebotomy techniques.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control Policy.
- Provides medical staff with non-technical as well as limited technical and procedural support
- Performs laboratory housekeeping tasks including keeping shelves stocked, counters, and supply areas clean.
- Updates professional knowledge and proficiency through continuing education, staff meetings, training, etc.
- Supervises pharmacy interns/students when observing phlebotomist duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing phlebotomist practices.
- Exhibits knowledge of basic first aid procedure.
- Exercises tact when dealing with mental health patients and being sensitive to timing, situations, and confidential relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Must hold, at a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Completion of Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program and at least 1 year experience making draws
- Must be in compliance with all applicable state requirements to practice phlebotomy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear driving record and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to pass background check
Please go to the website to apply, don’t contact the Pharmacy directly.