Department:OH1MH_19011_002 Lab Outreach Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Job Description Summary
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Phlebotomy Registration Specialist ensures accurate registration and ordering of patients presenting to the collections site. All information required for the completion of both test ordering and patient registration is collected. Places patient orders; collects and labels specimens utilizing positive patient identification. Processes and prepares specimens for transport as needed. Produces
reports for faxing or delivery as needed and communicates appropriate information to the healthcare team. Registers patients in the appropriate systems.
Job Description Details:
- Demonstrate friendliness, courtesy and effective communication to create a professional environment and provide first class service
- Create a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care
- Collects specimens utilizing professional and accepted practices; labels specimens accurately
- Responsible for ensuring all patient demographics and insurance information is complete in the hospital billing system to assure optimal data integrity throughout the registration process
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy and basic computer skills required; Registration experience helpful
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively function in stressful situations and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed; must have reliable transportation to travel to various locations, including to but not limited to other offices and sites.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.