DescriptionThe Physical Therapist 2 provides services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. The Physical Therapist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Physical Therapist 2 examines patient's medical history, evaluates their physical abilities, determines their potential to respond to therapy, and develops treatment plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Master's Degree in physical therapy (will accept the physical therapists grandfathered into licensure prior to masters requirement)
- Current license to practice physical therapy; maintains licensure requirements including 24 hours of continuing education
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits
- ACHA Level II Clearance
- One year of appropriate experience as a physical therapist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and to making accommodation available to provide services to a diverse population
- Strong customer services skills
- Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40