Primary Location: TX-TXSan Antonio-6849 Crestway Dr
MENTIS Neuro Health
San Antonio Texas, Physical Therapist, Mentis Neuro Health
Mentis Neuro Health is seeking a PRN, as needed Physical Therapist serving individuals with acquired brain injury in post-acute rehabilitation programs. Our Physical Therapists serve a critical role in helping address mobility, social interaction, communication, employability and re-entry into homes and communities.
Provide program participant evaluations, physical therapy services, and may supervise Physical Therapist Assistants.
Description Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates program participants through appropriate evaluation procedures and develops written treatment programs for each participant.
- Administers appropriate treatment programs and communicates program participant needs to appropriate staff. Provides needed re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant/administrative and department documentation.
- Ensures adherence to CARF, licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Attends programmatic meetings on request for team reports, policy setting, exchange of information, etc.; attends other appropriate meetings/conferences as needed.
- Attends PT meetings to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant treatment programs.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s). Communicates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of physical therapy program.
- Plans and implements in-service programs in area for PT staff and other groups as requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in orientation programs for new staff, program participants, and PT/PTA students.
- Writes weekly service summaries and maintains daily billing summaries and turns them into the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy
- One year experience preferred
- State licensure in Physical Therapy
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state