Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) works under the direction of the supervising Physical Therapist and the Clinic Administrator. The PTA assists the Physical Therapist in the implementation of written Plans of Care, delivers therapy treatments, performs functional ability tests, and recommends further assessment or consultation by another provider as appropriate. PTAs must provide services within their scope of license, in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolution, and thereby, the achievement of individual patients’ goals and outcomes.
- Provide physical therapy services specified under the written Plan of Care, in accordance with applicable State Therapy Licensing and WellMed Health Care standards
- Review/analyze Plan of Care, medical history, prior care and perform functional assessments to define individual functional goals
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses, etc.
- Assists with discharge planning by consulting with physical therapist, physicians, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences
- Administers physical therapy treatments by giving manuals; initiating cervical/lumbar traction; applying physical agents; utilizing aquatic therapy hydrotrack, moist packs, cryotherapy, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, post-operative wound care, ultrasound machines and direct treatments given by aides, technicians
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs
- Educate patients on treatment plan and therapeutic exercises / modalities
- Maintain and perform therapy services with the highest standards of professional competency and clinical practice
- Comply with billing, coding, and documentation guidelines in accordance with applicable
- Company, State, and Federal guidelines
- Ensure that therapy equipment and facilities are safe for patient and staff use and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and applicable State & CMS rules, including, but not limited to, proper use, periodic safety checks, cleaning, and decontamination
- Work cooperatively with the Physical Therapy Team and Operations and Medical Leadership Teams
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct
- Perform / support audits as required to ensure adherence with applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain compliance with Bloodborne Pathogen and Hazard Communication standards
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Active, unrestricted State-issued Physical Therapist Assistant license
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant curriculum in a 2-year college level program approved by the State in which services are provided
- Current BLS and/or CPR Certification
- Ability to perform treatments appropriate for a PTA under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 1+ years of experience as a practicing Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
- Knowledge in accepted principles of physical therapy and role of PTA
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: PTA, physical therapist assistant, el paso, tx, home health, bilingual, field pta, Texas