Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
If you enjoy an autonomous role and spending more time with your patients please bring your clinical knowledge and experience to a home based direct care nursing position! Southwest Medical Home Health a home health division of OptumCare / United Health Group offers flexible shifts and the opportunity to make a difference in the care of patients in their home setting.
- Treat patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maximize mobility, gait, strength and range of motion
- Direct and aid patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training
- Utilize physical agents as appropriate
- Observe and report patients’ reaction to treatment and changes in condition to physical therapist and leadership
- Instruct patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic or orthotic devices
- Maintain necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into patient clinical record in prescribed time frames
- Participate in home health team meetings and in-service education programs
- Maintain clinical competency in physical therapy assistant practice and theory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree from nationally accredited school
- Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy Assistant license in state of Nevada
- 1+ years home health experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- EMR Experience
- Experience working with patients of varied ages and diagnoses
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: physical therapy assistant, PTA, home health, CPR, EMR, Southwest Medical, UHC, UHG