Physical Therapy Assistant - Per Diem
Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative ME is seeking a part time Physical Therapy Assistant, COTA, Certified/Licensed Recreation Therapists or similar backgrounds to fill the role of "Cognitive Retraining Specialists" at multiple locations including Sebago, Standish, Kennebunk, and Old Orchard Beach. NeuroRestorative ME serves adults with brain injuries and other neurological disorders.
- Evaluates program participants through appropriate evaluation procedures and develops written treatment programs for each participant.
- Administers appropriate treatment programs and communicates program participant needs to appropriate staff. Provides needed re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant/administrative and department documentation.
- Ensures adherence to CARF, licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Attends programmatic meetings on request for team reports, policy setting, exchange of information, etc.; attends other appropriate meetings/conferences as needed.
- Attends PT meetings to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant treatment programs.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s). Communicates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of physical therapy program.
- Plans and implements in-service programs in area for PT staff and other groups as requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in orientation programs for new staff, program participants, and PT/PTA students.
- Writes weekly service summaries and maintains daily billing summaries and turns them into the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of an
Associate's degree from an accredited physical therapy assistant program.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 50 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and re-positioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements