Department:OH1PV_55920_000 Mcmg-Adm Coding Compliance Him
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
Job Description Details:
Excellence in care takes the dedication and commitment of not only our front-line care teams, but of the specialized professionals that support all aspects of our mission. Colleagues in Finance, HR, Marketing and more keep Mount Carmel operating at the highest standard. And we provide leading education training and development opportunities to keep you working at yours.
Physician Coding Specialist I will assign the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E/M) and diagnostic (CPT E/M and ICD) codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing for the Mount Carmel Medical Group (MCMG). The coding specialist will abstract pertinent data and resolve edits within specified time frames.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Formal training in CPT and ICD coding or previous work experience utilizing
- ICD and CPT coding principles is required.
- Computer literacy and the ability to navigate multiple systems is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of 1995 and 1997 Evaluation and Management Documentation
- Ability to analyze, interpret and assimilate information from various sources based on
technical and experience-based knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedure and diagnostic coding for professional services
and Medicare, Medicaid and other 3rd party payer coding and billing regulations.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the
record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings
identified concerns to manager.
- Monitors, investigates and takes appropriate action for records that are not coded, billed or
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today!
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.