Opportunities with OptumCare. Every individual deserves health care that is affordable, accessible and fits his or her unique needs.
The health care industry is constantly changing. But our solid commitment to provide the best care to our patients will always remain the same. When it comes to finding better ways to care, we will be part of the solution. You can be, too. Together, we will make a difference. It’s all part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Physician - Geriatric, Palliative, Family or Internal Medicine - New Jersey to join our OptumCare® Supportive Care team in the New Jersey metropolitan area. In this role, you will lead an interdisciplinary care team to provide home-based palliative care to people with serious illness. You will work with nurses and social workers to provide care or coordinate medical care with their other physicians. This is a flexible, team-based role that creates enormous satisfaction as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with patients, their families, and providers involved in the patient’s care.
- Provide oversight for an interdisciplinary care team providing home-based palliative care for patients in their homes
- Coordinate care with primary care physicians (and other community providers and specialists) to provide the best care possible
- Perform palliative care consultations in person and using telemedicine
- Lead weekly interdisciplinary care team meetings
- Educate team members on topics such as serious illness communication, advanced illness management and symptom management
- Provides administrative and clinical guidance to the care team to ensure quality outcomes for patients and families
- Reviews and approves care team clinical documentation and orders, and provides coaching feedback for areas of clinical competency and accuracy
- Provides medical oversight for advance practice nurses
- Leads physician education and interfaces with local physician and hospital networks to support referral management and patient engagement
- Be part of an after-hours care team support system for patients to prevent unnecessary or avoidable hospitalizations and ED visits
- Provides physician leadership for local health plan relationships
- Works with local and national leadership to implement program evaluation to assess and optimize program outcomes with respect to quality and cost and support performance improvement projects, as identified
- Valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of New Jersey
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Board Eligible or Certified in Family or Internal Medicine, Geriatrics or Hospice Palliative Medicine (HPM)
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary care team to coordinate patient care
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Highly reliable
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Palliative Care, Hospice, Geriatrician, home health, MD, DO, Managed care, New Jersey, NJ, Basking Ridge, Telecommute, Telecommuter