Department:OH1PV_55920_000 Mcmg-Adm Coding Compliance Him
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Excellence in care takes the dedication and commitment of not only our front-line care teams, but of the specialized professionals that support all aspects of our mission. Colleagues in Finance, HR, Marketing and more keep Mount Carmel operating at the highest standard. And we provide leading education training and development opportunities to keep you working at yours.
Physician Coding Specialist II will assign the appropriate surgical and office procedural and diagnostic (CPT - E/M, surgical and ICD) codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing for the Mount Carmel Medical Group (MCMG). This position utilizes advanced knowledge of specialty coding, including surgical procedures. The coding specialist will abstract pertinent data and resolve edits within specified time frames.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification in coding (CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, RHIA, RHIT) required.
- Formal training in CPT and ICD coding or previous work experience utilizing ICD and CPT coding principles is required.
- Minimum one year of physician office coding experience required.
- Computer literacy and the ability to navigate multiple systems is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedure and diagnostic coding for professional services and Medicare, Medicaid and other 3rd party payer coding and billing regulations.
- Reviews and evaluates patient medical records to determine the level of Evaluation and Management (E/M) service, identify office non-E/M procedures, surgical and interventional procedures and diagnoses.
- Accurately assigns and sequences CPT, modifiers and ICD codes.
- Abstracts and validates information.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to manager.
- Monitors, investigates and takes appropriate action for records that are not coded, billed or rejected
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
"Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability"
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.