As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Primary Care Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team!
The Physician, NP or PA Provider is responsible for the day to day clinical care of patients. The Provider manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. The Provider is responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Active and unrestricted California MD/DO, NP or PA license
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- 2 or more years of Outpatient Clinic experience
- Board Certified in Family Medicine preferred
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, MD, DO, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, outpatient clinic, Riverside County, Upland, CA