Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is seeking an accomplished OB/GYN Physician for our OB/GYN division located in Las Vegas, NV. This is an outstanding opportunity for a physician who wants to remain clinically active while helping to shape the future of OB/GYN care in Southern Nevada.
We have an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible OB/GYN physician at one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics.
In this role, you will provide comprehensive women’s health services to the membership through the provision of office services, deliveries and inpatient/outpatient surgical procedures.
- Patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health
- Professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population
- Systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value
- Maintain regular office hours during the week, and take primary and back-up calls to support the practice (including weekends and holidays)
- Attend scheduled departmental and other mandatory meetings and participate on assigned committees
- Assist with departmental recruitment efforts
- Demonstrate community involvement to promote department, Southwest Medical and Optum
- Board certified/Board eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Must have completed Obstetrics/Gynecology residency program
- Medical license in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to start of employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and basic computer skills are essential
Advantages of our practice include:
- Production model based upon RVU’s; 200+ deliveries/year per physician
- Monday-Friday office schedule. No clinic schedule on call days
- Hospital call is off site only. Calls are shared equally
- Full scope GYN practice with major and minor procedure days
- Excellent access to GYN-Oncology, Perinatology and NICU physicians
- Collegial group meetings are scheduled monthly
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, M.D., D.O., OB/GYN, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada