The Adult Medicine Division at Southwest Medical is seeking a physician to provide medical management of all types of chronic pain. The physician will also implement and expand the Comprehensive Chronic Pain Management Program for the division. We are seeking an enthusiastic physician who possesses strong leadership traits and is resourceful to engage his/her colleagues in a large multi-specialty network at Southwest Medical to manage patients with complex chronic pain.
- An interdisciplinary, outpatient-based pain management program offering a broad spectrum of treatments and procedures
- Development of pain rehabilitation team coordinating with interventional pain physicians, pharmacists, case managers, addiction specialists, acupuncture/alternative medicine, pain psychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, interventional radiology, etc
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary pain team to deliver comprehensive pain assessments and treatments, provide consultations to primary care providers and specialists regarding pain management, and provide medical assessment and treatment for patients with chronic cancer pain
- Perform basic musculoskeletal assessments and provide recommendations for opioid or non-opioid pharmacologic therapy for patients with chronic pain
- Use evidence-based strategies to help manage and/or taper patients on high dose opiate therapy and to prevent member misuse and abuse of controlled substances
- Board eligible or certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics/Sports Medicine, or Family Medicine
- Eligible to obtain active Nevada medical licenses upon his/her date of hire
- 3-5 years of experience in interdisciplinary management of chronic pain
- Candidates with fellowship training in Chronic Pain, Occupational Medicine, and/or Addiction Medicine
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, Pain Management, Functional Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation, Director, Physical Medicine, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Family Medicine, Chronic Pain, Occupational Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada